Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tis The Season to Knit Christmas Stockings

     Tis the season to knit a really funky Christmas stocking!!!  I've chosen a pattern from Leigh Radford's book,  Alterknits Felt.  


Here's a picture of the book.
It's beautiful and full of awesome patterns.

  
The stocking isn't a traditional Christmas stocking.  It's very brightly colored and cone-shaped.  I feel like it's going to be about 7 feet long once I'm finished with the knitting part, but I will then throw it in the washing machine in order to felt it.  If the felting process works in my front-loading washer (this can be challenging since you can't open the machine during the felting process to check on the progress), I should be able to shrink it down to a perfect size that will fit by my fireplace.
Here's what it looks like now but it's going to get A LOT longer.
     I should have it finished by the end of this week so you can look forward to pictures of the finished product in my next post.

     The weather has been downright nasty this past week.  I took a few pix of it so you can see what our part of Oregon is like for about 9 months a year.  Yep, that's right, 9 months of the year it looks like this.  OUCH!!!!




Hope your weather is better than mine!
Anna
       
  
     




   



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.