Friday, November 19, 2010

Tis the Season to Knit Christmas Stockings Part II

     I just finished felting my Leigh Radford Christmas stocking and, holy cow, is it ever so cute. Turned upside down, it looks like a Dr. Seuss hat.  My daughter had the idea to make a smaller version with ties so that it could be used as a birthday hat.  I think I'll do that!
     Before I felted it, it was 50 inches long and looked like this,
Isn't this cool?

     I was really quite nervous about putting it in the washing machine because I was afraid that I might find a huge pile of knotted yarn when I opened the door after the machine stopped.  I was so surprised that the felting process worked.  I only had to run the machine one full cycle.  I also had an old pair of jeans in the machine with the stocking to help the process.  Here it is!  Isn't it awesome???

I'm off to The knitting Bee www.theknittingbee.com/  to get some new yarn.
If you are in Atlanta, stop by the St. Pius X Holiday Marketplace http://spx.org/marketplace
tomorrow for some great Christmas shopping.  My sister will be selling my hats at the show.
Anna








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.