Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

 I joined The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap. Click below to read about it! The theme is "Create" and anyone could join. 



                          http://dowhatyouloveforlife.com/swapconf/

Here is a photo of my postcard and here's how I made it. I took two pieces of heavy scrapbook paper and cut them down to a 6.5 X 5 inch size.  I folded the red paper in half lengthwise and cut (starting at the folded edge) 1/2 inch strips, but I didn't cut the whole way through, I stopped 1/2 inch from the edge. I cut six 1/2 inch strips from the green paper. I unfolded the red paper and wove the green strips in between the red strips.  I used my sewing machine to sew the word "create" multiple times across the top and bottom of the card since the theme of the swap is "CREATE." I also used my sewing machine to stitch small flowers along a velvet rick rack ribbon on either side of the card. In the center of the card, I used a piece of my hand dyed, hand spun yarn to tie a handmade button to the card. VOILA!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.