Saturday, May 21, 2011

Smoochy Baby Booties With Smashing Beaded Baby Hat

     I've never knit baby booties before and I think I'm now addicted.  Check out how cute these are.  I just finished them two days ago and decided to make a matching hat.  I recently took a spinning class from Anita Osterhaug http://www.weavingtoday.com/members/Anita-Osterhaug/default.aspx and learned how to do all kinds of spinning including the kind with beads.  I decided to add the yarn that I created during that class to the brim of the hat and I love the look.  These would definitely fit the newborn set.

     The pink yarn is Ry Cashsoft DK http://www.knitrowan.com/yarns/cashsoft-dk.aspx  It's got merino, microfiber, and cashmere fibers.  Perfect for baby knits.

Perfect for a newborn.

     Someday I'll write up the pattern for these and share it. That would be another new venture for me and so might take awhile.

     Leave a comment if you are interested in the patterns and even if you're not interested, just say hello and tell me what city and country you're from.  I had over 180 hits from Russia today and would love to hear from some (or all) of you.

Happy Weekend!
Anna

2 comments:

  1. I love this hat! Anna hats are about the only item I can knit with success! Circular needles and yarn are stuffed into my travel bags with ease. I tried making a hat with beads a few months ago however it did not turn out 1/2 as adorable as yours! I love the yarn with silver pieces in it...have you seen that? cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, who makes the yarn with silver pieces? I have never seen that.
    I actually spun the beads into the yarn for this hat and then knitted with the yarn.

    Keep practicing knitting with the beads, I think you can catch on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog.