Friday, May 6, 2011

My Helix Scarf


     This is what I have been knitting for the past few weeks.  It's a Helix scarf and the basic pattern is from the magazine Spin-Off, Spring 2011 (pp. 82-83).  It's a really cool pattern to use with a variegated yarn, especially a hand-spun yarn.  The yarn I'm using is not hand-spun.  I got it on sale at Knit Purl in downtown Portland. http://www.knit-purl.com/store/pc/home.asp  It was in a grab bag type pile of yarns that had no labels so I don't even know what it is, I just know that my daughter and I love the colors and there seemed to be a lot on one skein so we bought it.

     The basic pattern in the magazine does not have the picot edging that my scarf has but the pattern for that is on page 94 of the same magazine.  I loved the edging because it is kind of whimsical-looking and reminds me of coral in the ocean.

     Here are a few more pictures of the scarf.
Love these colors.

Notice the edging.

The scarf looks really cool all rolled up.
     Of course, when the scarf is unrolled it will twist which makes for a really cool ruffled look.  If you like the pattern, you can find it in Spin-Off, or Ravery https://www.ravelry.com/account/login probably has it.  The edging is by Lori Lawson of San Jaun Capistrano (p.94 of Spring 2011 Spin-Off).

Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day!
Anna
  
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.