Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Spring is springing in the Pacific Northwest


     It's hard to believe, but there are signs of spring in the air.  The daffodil bulbs are sprouting all over the place and the buds on the magnolia trees are suddenly huge, and this was happening back in January.  The rain has stopped for awhile and there's something bright, shiny and warm in the sky that I don't recognize.


The bulbs in my yard aren't as big as some of the neighbor's bulbs, but this is a good start.

I pulled the Kale out of my pots and added red and yellow Primroses.

     Here are the pictures of my latest projects.  My spinning wheel hasn't seen much use in a few years so I decided to take a few spinning classes to refresh my skills. I realized that my skills weren't as rusty as I'd thought they were.  In March I'm taking a class to learn how to spin novelty yarn.  I can't wait for that one!

This is a child's hat made from Malabrigo Worsted. The frilly stuff is just three different yarns that I had in my stash stranded together as one.
This is 100% cotton.  I'm working on a matching scarf!

Perfect for Valentine's Day, Yes???
This is made from Seacell which comes from seaweed. It's incredibly soft and light-weight.

      The next pictures are my attempts to refine my spinning skills.  I think they turned out pretty well!

I think this is Merino wool.  I purchased the fiber ages ago and don't remember exactly what it is.


This is my attempt at spinning a novelty yarn.  The base of this yarn is alpaca which is my favorite knitting fiber and now my favorite spinning fiber too.  I tried adding light green mohair locks.


My computer is acting a little funny right now so I'll end this post right here.

Happy knitting and spinning.

I hope the sun is shining wherever YOU are.

Anna
 


  
   

     
  
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.